Friday, October 8, 2010

4 month stats

Every morning the neighbor across the street fires up his diesel engine (he's got to go to work!) and so far Savannah sleeps through it pretty well. I guess I'm becoming a little obsessed with tracking the noises she can sleep through. This morning I found out that the jingle of my necklace over her crib is not one. Silly me! Poor daddy has to tip toe by her door (by my request) so that the squeak of the floor doesn't rattle her, but I can run on the treadmill in the room next to hers and she stays soundly asleep. I don't want to become one of those mom's that is wacky about every sound, and I know she needs to learn to sleep through some noise, and I also want to make sure she doesn't become part of our sleep deprived world of adults as she grows up!

We get comments every where we go, from neighbors on our morning walks, other new moms in my mom groups, and strangers at Starbucks, about how smiley snd happy Savannah is. At first I took it for granted...why wouldn't she be? After months of consistent feedback I've come to feel very lucky that she has this demeanor, as it's obviously not the case for every baby. She definitely has her fussy times, and she hates to be in the car for any length of time after 5:30 right now, but at her 4 month doctor visit 2 days ago, she smiled through tears at the nurse who had just administered her immunization shots. I'm sure she was just letting us all know that she didn't blame us for the pain.

Speaking of those shots, Daddy had a really tough time with the wide-eyed look Savannah had when the needle went in. I had recently had my first "Mommy why did you do that to me look" a few days ago when I scratched her with my watch so I was a little less bothered, but the look and accompanied scream that that scratch invoked did a number on me at the time. What are we going to do the first time she scrapes a knee?

Just for the record, Daddy and Grandma are trying to get me to promise that Savannah will not get a car for her 16th birthday. While I'm very supportive of their reasons, I'm just not willing to commit to that decision at this time, and I'm hoping that by then the driving age is18 :).

4 month visit stats:

Weight: 15 Pounds 5.5 ounces, 75th percentile
Height: 26.25 inches, 97th percentile
Head: 43.2 cm

Overall, Dr. Laura was very impressed with her development, level of activity, and of course, her smiles.

Strange how they give you the height in inches and the head circumference in centimeters. Do they not want me to compare the two? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment