Sunday, October 17, 2010

Be our guest!

We had our first post-sleep schedule visitor this weekend! Now that Kelly is back at home playing with her own little ones (Calvin and Anne) I will admit that I was a little nervous about Savannah being willing to nap and maintain her good track record for sleeping through the night, with another person in the house. I was afraid that I would be distracted from watching for tired signs and that more noise would make it harder for Savannah to stay asleep. I was SO wrong! She slept great! I must thank Kelly for limiting her trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and apologize for any anxiety I created for her about making noise.

Kelly and Savannah got on as well as as Kelly and I do. As a veteran Mama of 3.5 years she provided some new entertainment that Savannah really enjoyed (keep-away while lying on her back, which made her giggle almost to tears, and singing all the verses to wheels on the bus, many of which I had forgotten, and some "new" ones).

Savannah is getting closer to crawling every day. Her legs are getting stronger as she uses my hands to push off and move forward. She is also getting quite dextrous with her pacifier. She picks it up and looks at it to make sure it is at that right angle and can aim it directly into her mouth with either hand. She can also pass it between her hands as of the last few days, which I read is a milestone for 6 month olds! Last Thursday she even located her paci in her crib all by herself and got it into her mouth. I know it won't be long before we are trying to take that pacifier away, but for now we are super impressed with her growing talents!

One of her cute new habits is to open her arms wide when she is on my lap facing me like she's ready for a hug and then I let her fall into my chest and she wraps her arms around me. She also does this very cute thing where she reaches for daddy when she wants his attention, and if she's close enough, say when we are lying in our bed with her, she will tap his back or his face, which ever she can reach. Speaking of faces, she has also gotten into the habit of grabbing face parts; noses, eyes, mouths, which is cute but sometimes painful. I'm going to have to teach her the phrase "That hurts!" soon, and that my hair is not a rope to pull me closer or hold herself up with!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me as a guest. It was so nice to meet Savannah and spend time with you and Rick.

    I think Savannah is going to be crawling and walking soon, and I look forward to the updates.

    ReplyDelete